Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Change of Scenery

Brussels Belgium Square
"Outside Looking In"
Some days I wonder what it is going to be like when my husband receives orders to a new duty station. I wonder if I am going to be able to find a job where we are going or if I am going to like it as much as my last duty station.There are so many things that can be overwhelming when thinking about moving. Moving overseas alone was a huge change. Now we are headed out of here in less than a year and I am already stressing about it. My husband and I are already researching new duty stations, the schools, houses and crime rates. There are so many things to think about. I would love to be in an area where I am free to walk around without the fears of being abducted by a stranger...sounds weird huh? I think about these things. I would love to be somewhere where I can finally start my career, somewhere where I can go have picnics in the park or take really neat pictures... I want to be somewhere where I will feel right at home. One of my fears of PCS-ing to a new duty station is whether or not I will fit in. Will there be a place for me when I get there? I would love to have a change of scenery, but here in Belgium, I can drive 2 hours in any direction and have a change of scenery whenever I want. I am going to miss this place as much as I fought the experience at the beginning. I think I am ready to go though....ready to pack up....ready to see what the future brings. I need a change of scenery...a change in my days, new adventures. I can't wait really!

No comments:

Post a Comment