Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Living One Day at a Time

So my husband and I were discussing our feelings and thoughts of deployment the other night. I have many hidden emotions about my husband deploying. Most of which is FEAR. I can't even mention the word DEPLOYMENT without getting a tear in my eye. I have found myself cramming so many things into my day because I feel like there isn't enough time left to enjoy with my husband. The other day my husband was planning some trips for this Summer and I accused him of cramming things in as if he didn't have enough time to spend with me. He was so calm and said "Sofia, don't live each day like it is our last, because it is not, enjoy your days with me and stop worrying so much about the future." But, I do live our days like it is our last, the only problem this time is that I think it is our last. I have already started thinking about deployment and my husband leaving and it could be a whole year from now or two or three. We have not even received orders to our new unit. I don't know what is wrong with my whole thought process these days, but thinking about deployment has really been smothering my brain lately. I am going by living one day at a time, only this time not trying to cram everything in at once. It helps so much to talk with other wives about DEPLOYMENT survival. I think about what I will be doing while he is gone and ways to keep busy. One thing for sure is that I am going back to school, it doesn't matter where we end up, I am going to start my Master's Degree. I have goals and dreams and staying at home with my kids for almost 3 years has given me the time to think about what I want to do when we return back to the states...one question I do have is, WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND us going after this tour?? We are thinking FT Bliss TX, or FT Lewis WA. Any ideas on what to expect at these posts? Let me know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment