Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

Today is the day when we are all feeling a little special. OK, well I FEEL REALLY SPECIAL!!! I am a U.S. ARMY Wife and I feel proud to be serving along side my husband because I am a part of the Army as much as he...sure I didn't sign the contract but I go through deployment, training, and a lot of sacrifice too! I didn't do too much today as I had a really horrible toothache, my husband took care of me and called in an appointment to see the dentist on post. I was able to get in and the miracle of it all is that normally military dependents can't see the dentists on post unless they are cleanings. I FELT very SPECIAL because the dentist saw me today of all days and helped me because I was under a lot of pain. To make that story short, I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled! OUCH!!

I just want to write and say THANK YOU to all military spouses out there, thank you to all of you who support the military even if you are not a spouse. THANK YOU to the girlfriends, fiances and boyfriends out there as well because you support your military member! As a military wife I have gone through a PCS move overseas with a newborn, lived out of a suitcase for more than 60 days, endured tough work schedules and have sacrificed so much. That does not compare to what my husband has to go through when he is deployed or serving stateside. But some will say that the MILITARY SPOUSE is the toughest job in the MILITARY. I don't know if I believe it but my husband will tell you that is the truth. We are the backbone. So give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it!!! Not for today but for all the times you are there to support your spouse, for all those Years, Days, Hours, and Minutes!

God Bless You and Your Troops!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment