Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden Killed.

His death should make me happy and put a smile on my face. A part of me wants to smile the other part makes me worry. I worry about retaliation. I worry that there are U.S. Soldiers in harm's way right now as we speak. They are now even more of a target as HATE still exists. This morning we heard that we had to be on high alert when traveling to Brussels because there are Al Qaeda terrorists groups there ready for us. I don't think it is that extreme but we do have to be cautious. Living in a foreign country where WE are the minority isn't easy. My family and I try to blend in, but it is so hard!! We are Hispanic and we stand out like a sore thumb! Even if I try to dress "EUROPEAN" I still stand out because I am not fluent in the language. I believe even if I were, they still would know. I am not afraid to live in Belgium or a foreign country, it just means we have to keep our eyes open and our ears open as well. We have to watch what we say too because anyone could be listening. You know, one rumor I heard when I moved here is that they built a line of "Asian" Restaurants between the two bases here because Americans love to go and eat and well TALK. The rumor is the people running the restaurants are spies for many Asian countries. Wow, really?? Well sounds a little goofy but in reality you don't know who could be listening to your conversation, so yes you have to watch what you say and around who. I am not at all saying the rumor is true, but I am saying that people do listen even if they are American themselves. I mean how else is PEOPLE and STAR Magazine making money!? lol. Back to the subject. Osama Bin Laden is dead so what now? Hate still exists, and now retaliation is lurking. Another thing I heard on this subject is that the President knew this compound existed in Pakistan for a year now? Hmm Really?? Well I think we won't know the truth, the only truth here is that a man, a COWARDLY man who killed his own people is now dead. Celebrate? I have mixed thoughts. It won't bring back all the men and women killed fighting the War on Terrorism. It won't bring anything back but more HATE. Osama Bin Laden is dead and this War is not going to end and they are not going to start sending our Soldiers home. It just does not work that way. They are not going to give up on terror, they will find another leader to replace him, build another compound and it will continue to be hell for us waiting for our soldiers to return safely.
Osama was knocking at heaven's door this morning, and NO ONE was letting him in!!! I pray that this event changes the war some way. I am not keeping my hopes up on this one. I would love to hear what you think on what happened to Osama Bin Laden. Comment below please.

No comments:

Post a Comment