Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Poopy Friday....(a day late)

Yes the title says it all!!! Friday morning I woke up and decided to have a little me time while the boys slept. It didn't last long because they both woke up at the same time. I let them play in their room for about an hour while I caught up on reading emails and responding to my facebook messages, totally unproductive right?? Well it wasn't long until I smelled an odor coming from the hallway!!! I thought wow where is that STRONG smell coming from. Both of my sons are still in diapers. My sons are 2 and 1.
So the smell became stronger and stronger as 1 minute went by and so I went and checked on my sons playing in their room to find....MY YOUNGEST SON DIGGING IN HIS DIAPER!!!! AHH!  For those of you who understand, that is the last thing you want to find. I thought it was going to be a routine diaper change but it wasn't!!! My son had wiped POOP on the carpet, tv, and some of his toys! I immediately grabbed him, stripped off his clothes and put him in the bath tub....I had to POWER WASH him. That is what I call it when I give him a shower and have to really clean him up. So after this I also placed my other son in the tub so they could play with bubbles.

After my 2 year old was finished playing in the tub he climbed right out of the tub and asked for his diaper. So I put a diaper on him thinking that this was a little strange...he never asked to come out of the tub and immediately put a diaper on. Not even 2 minutes later I could hear him making those (pushing, struggling) sounds meaning he was going NUMBER 2!!! I was like NO WAY, I just put a diaper on you!! I immediately took his diaper off and placed him on his potty where he FINALLLLLY went number 2 in!! YES!!! This is very exciting as a parent, might be silly to others, but I have been waiting a LONG time for him to go number 2 in the potty!! He was proud of himself too!!! This made up for the poopy mess my other son did.
Moral of the story....don't let a POOPY morning ruin your day. This is just another adventure of this stay at home mother and military wife!!!
More to Come!!

1 comment:

  1. Happened to me a hundred times lol My 1 year old just did it this morning for the first time. The joys of motherhood. You are so right! You can't let a little poop ruin your day. They are just babies, doing what babies do. :D

    ReplyDelete