Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hypothyroidism

I was thinking of doing a video on my Youtube Channel all about this so I think I may just give a brief history on why I am so interested in this topic...well because I was born with it! I have been going to the Dr. for blood tests all my life. Every month I was taken to check my TSH and T4 levels. Sounds scientific but in fact it is very important for my health and well being. The main reason why it has sparked so much more interest is because I am suffering from so many symptoms. Symptoms I should not be suffering from because I take my medication daily. I did a little research tonight that may have just given me some answers I have been looking for my whole life!! I will share more in a video..but for now...I will be hoping for a good night's rest since I am suffering from Insomnia!! I have had some pretty bad luck going from Dr. to Dr. here in Europe so tomorrow I will be on a mission to get some real answers...starting with my lab results. Sounds crazy that I will be taking things into my own hands, I will be forcing answers out of Drs. because I am sick and tired of being SICK and TIRED.
Tuesday I went to go see a Dr. and he flat out told me he couldn't help me. How is that fair, I was so angry because he didn't take the time to hear me explain the symptoms I was having. Noone has listened to me, they brush it off and suggest "IT MUST BE" my thyroid condition, and it very well can be. Did you know 80% of people suffering from Hypothyroidism have Hashimoto's Disease? Yeah and this whole time I could be one of those 80% and not know it. So yes, I will be inquiring more on this. Many people just go undiagnosed, but I am ready. I am ready to fight the pain I am in on a daily basis, if that means I have to go get more blood work.
I am so sorry for this random post, I have just been trying to get answers on my condition and it seemed like noone was willing to listen. I will keep you posted! Sometimes in life you have to fight for answers, do a little research, and hope for the best.
Oh yeah, what is HYPOTHYROIDISM, it is the disease you have when you have a low or non-functioning thyroid gland. It is all hormonal but I will give you a more in depth look when I post my video!! Please be on the lookout, I will gladly post it here when I finish it!

1 comment:

  1. I refer to desiccated porcine thyroid for my hypothyroidism for almost five years. It has no side effects and I feel so good!

    ReplyDelete