Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Empanadas

Yesterday I decided to make empanadas for the first time in my life. I was pretty apprehensive at first because it involved frying and I cannot stand to fry my food. I used ground turkey and red peppers for my filling and also used extra virgin olive oil to fry my empanadas. You can basically use any kind of filling you want, from steak, chicken to pork. I like using ground turkey, seasoning it the way you want gives it a unique flavor. I bought the pre made empanada discs at the grocery store in the freezer section so I cheated on that part. Since it was my first time...I figure I would keep it simple. They didn't turn out as bad as I thought. The texture of it reminded me of a Chalupa from Taco Bell. I used salsa and sour cream as a topping and also ate some spanish style rice. Not too bad for a first time!!! Lesson: Don't be afraid to try something even if it seems like you won't successfully accomplish the task!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment