Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pisa, Italy for my birthday!!

The Leaning Tower of Pisa...ahhhh I was really there!! I mean right there in front of me as my hubby surprised me with a trip to Pisa for my birthday. The last time we were in Italy we were in Rome...but this time he booked us a hotel near the Tuscany Coast and we were only a 15 min bus ride from the Tower itself. I feel really lucky and blessed to have been able to travel to places like this. To be able to see it with my own eyes. I never imagined how beautiful it was until it was in front of me. There were so many people there and what is something we notice is all the older people who are there who save all their lives to visit places like Italy, Spain, Germany or France. As a Military Spouse I have experienced so much, travel being one perk of the Military Life. In my twenties I was able to experience Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Spain, and other countries. I never thought that was ever possible especially after growing up in a small town my whole life....there is a WHOLE other world out there.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa has puzzled many architects...I mean so many have tried to build it upright...never happened. I told Chris I wanted to see it before it actually fell over!! LOL!! We ate lasagna and pizza the whole time we were there and I managed to lose 3 whole pounds in four days...hmmmm?? I suppose one day I will make Italy a permanent residence...I WISH!!! The man I married continues to surprise me any chance he gets, I do feel lucky!! I wish I could take everyone with me on my journey through Europe. To feel the sand in your feet on the Tuscany Coast to eating the perfectly baked lasagna and to see the monuments that make Italy, well, Italy!!

1 comment: