Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sophie's 80s Inspired Party

One of my friends out here threw an 80s inspired party for her birthday and it was a blast!!! My friend Sophie always has the best decorations and I let her know that she should be doing this for a living. She is so creative and very imaginative. She made her home look like we were walking right back into the 80s! It was a blast.

My hubby dj'd the party!!

Sophie the Birthday Girl serving drinks!
I scrolled through so many 80s looks and a huge part of me wanted to be Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan but I thought, Prince would be more fun. I had to go to the thrift store to see if I could find a shirt to wear that was similar to Prince's white shirt he wore in Purple Rain. I didn't find one exactly but the one I found in the pic worked and at $5.00 it was a must!! It even had shoulder pads. My husband was Boy George which gave me the opportunity to put makeup on his face!!! It was fun. Did you know Boy George was a DJ back in the 80s and he still DJ's around the world?? I didn't know that! Prince has always been a favorite of mine since I was 3 or 4 years old. I suppose because his fav color was purple and so was mine!! It may have been because he wore high heels too! My friend had some awesome games at her party too, the classic musical chairs, an 80s trivia game and of course "flip cup" (beer game). I can't handle chugging down beer!! Oh and the best appetizers!!! She always goes all out at her parties and I hope one day I can be a great hostess like her at my future parties!! I just want to say Happy Birthday Sophie and I hope you had fun at your party and that we all made it pretty memorable on your special day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment