Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Holidays with Friends and Family

This year we celebrated Christmas in Belgium for the last time. In a few weeks we will be packed up and on a plane back to the United States. It is bittersweet, I am going to miss the friends I made here in Belgium, needless to say, they are family now. The Wednesday before Christmas, Chris and I went over to our friend's house and had dinner and drinks...that lasted longer than expected...until 4am the next day. It was like a farewell and I was feeling sorta sad that it would be our last.
Our Christmas started out on Friday with a dinner at a friend's house..there our boys opened their first Christmas gift that our friends had given them. They had such a blast!
On Saturday, Christmas Eve, we spent it at a another one of our friend's house..she had the most amazing looking appetizers and desserts!! I told her she would be my wedding planner when the time comes!! We were lucky this year to be invited to spend the holidays with friends. Chris and I were originally going to skip Christmas this year and just stay home and focus on the PCS but my friends had a point...get out of the house and stop thinking about the PCS! lol.. it worked! So here I thank you all for a wonderful and amazing time!! 
Being so far away from home can seriously have a toll on your emotions and it brings on a lot of stress. This time it was a little different...the opposite effect.  I was feeling lonely and sad that we were leaving and as many see this through the military, it felt like we were never going to see our friends again. We don't want that to happen so we vowed to visit eachother when all of us are back in the states again. So Christmas will be prolonged this year and stretch into the New Year.
On Sunday Chris and I along with our boys opened presents...this year it was all about the boys. They received many toys and opened Grandma's presents. They played with their most favorite toys...Andreas loved his Mega Blocks Pirate Ship and Alessandro his toy kitchen. He had been asking for one for about 6 months now. They played to the point of exhaustion as I laid on the couch and slept!! It was a lazy day..a well deserved one as from today on...we will be focused on getting the heck out of here...
This holiday was special, it is our last in Europe and the New Year brings on a new adventure. A new place, new people, and new dreams! I can't wait to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment