Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Let's Postpone Christmas!!


Last Year's Christmas Tree
 The stress of the holidays is near as well as our PCS. I had decided to skip putting up the Christmas tree since we will have to take it down fast to get the heck out of here. So the hubby asks, are we going to put the tree up or not??? The last couple of Christmas' I had to place all the glass bulbs on top of the tree because my son was into grabbing them and smashing them on the floor.  My sons are 3 years old and 21 months....do I dare put it up? I also have a dog this year and he likes to play a lot...decisions decisions.
I thought of everything I would stop feeling if I didn't put the tree up. I think I would miss out on the warm and fuzzy feeling of the holidays. I would miss seeing the look on my son's faces when we finally light the tree. As a military spouse you automatically think, this could be our last Christmas together....I hate thinking that way. I treat every holiday as if it were our last, so why should this one be any different?? I think I have become lazy when it comes to holidays, I have no idea why. When I think of a holiday, I think about stress. It can be stressful!!! It has only been my hubby and my sons these past three years, wishing of course my step daughter was here to share it with us.
Bahhhhhh Humbug!!!

Lately, I have been feeling that Christmas is just another holiday where people spend too much money on material things when really they should just be happy to spend time with family and friends.
Did you know that Black Friday is called Black Friday because most retail stores are at their lowest sales during that time of the year so they need Black Friday sales to boost their sales??? Crazy!!! I worked retail for 9 1/2 years, why didn't I know that!!? I have worked during Black Friday all those years and thought, why do people fight so much over stuff!!
I don't know when I became this way, always thinking about saving money....instead of spending it on material things..I think it is because I feel like I don't need anything. The thing is, I don't really want anything. 
I suppose my decision is made. This week the Christmas tree goes up. I don't want to miss out on the warm fuzzy feelings, that may be just what I need to give me a boost!!!

1 comment: