Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

OSMW Facebook Page: Just a bunch of "Mean Kids"

Recently, I posted a video speaking out against bullying, specifically against Military Spouses. The video was posted on my YT and on RealMilitaryWives.tv to bring light that some facebook pages should not be designed to bring others down...especially by posting pictures of people without consent. I figured it made a valid point and I did not expect everyone to agree with the video. I also didn't expect the attention it got either. Yay I am "famous" now, give me a break people!


I was personally messaged that my video had been posted on Overly Sensitive Military Wives, a group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/Dependopotomus


Since my video made it on a site to be ridiculed and judged, I thought why not then state the site. Although I never mentioned the specific site in my video, so many followers from Overly Sensitive Military Wives from facebook decided to attack me for making the video. BRAVO! Do you all feel a sense of satisfaction now?
Some of the comments that were posted on the video basically defended the group as a place to vent because of the stresses of being a military wife. I am sorry but sending the message that talking about others to relieve stress is acceptable, is completely wrong. Others stated that it is ok to post and comment on that site because after all they are only making fun of themselves...lol. Not really... then post your own pictures and leave those alone at the PX or Commissary. I now understand why some military wives choose to stay in their homes and never leave, because of people like them.
I stand by my video and SO what if I use "LIKE" and "UM" in my video and my teeth are not perfectly straight!! I made the video to prove a point. BULLYING exists among Military Wives. It isn't about rank or anything else you all assumed it was about.

**I admit I was a fan of the site until it started to cross so many lines**




OSMW fans write:
So.. I went to my husbands Christmas party today.. I might have been the skinniest one there, and I'm six months pregnant. :-\ Is THAT my future?! Lqtm
So I was just at michaels in jville, nc and saw a woman who appeared to be 6 or so months pregnant wearing a USMC hoodie with 4 kids in tow. Of course the 1 year old was being pushed in the cart by the 5 year old. Mom was 2 aisles over. I wish I could have gotten a pic. Darnit
Ladies, isn't it true that skinny-ass men marry fatass women because they have small dicks? What other reason is there besides she's the only woman left in town who isn't his cousin?
For clarification purposes....A OSMW can be any or all of the following: a fattie, rank wearer, tag chaser when her husband is gone, lazy, has heathen kids, no education, and above all not trying to change any of the above?
Damn it, damn it, damn it! Where is your camera when you need it to capture the ever elusive dependapotamus wearing her pajamas while sauntering around an Army hospital?!
Dear OSMW creator, I did not ask you to post my video on your page to be ridiculed by your cult of negative and rather ignorant people. As you saw, your SITE was never mentioned in my video and it was not MY FAULT that you assumed it was YOU!
By the way you function since you are very predictable:
You sat there, wrote an abstract about what the video is about and asked your followers to make comments, but making sure they all post valid arguments so that you don't sound uneducated.  But what you really got was a bunch of people posting ridiculous comments about how they are not wives who sit in  pjs all day putting others down. I am sure you posted things about what I looked like and sounded like, TYPICAL POST ON YOUR PAGE. Thank you for proving my point, you continue to bully wives. Making statements about overweight people, "frumpy wives," and people who carry or wear military inspired clothing and purses. I hope you watched the spoof at the end because this is really the image you are setting forth by your site. Military wives who have nothing better to do with their time.

OSMW Rules:  No hate speech or slang. Instant banning. Singling out a specific person is not tolarated if the intent is meant maliciously. (Someone you know that you want to get even with.)
Isn't this what you are doing on your page????
Singled me out with no reason!

All this talk about how we are supposed to "REPRESENT" the military because afterall our husbands are wearing the uniform....is looking a little grey at the moment. Many of the followers who commented on my video stated that because we are military spouses we should be held at a higher standard, translation: We should not look like a "hot-mess" at the commissary  because God forbid the fashion police is going to fine us and tell us to get out! But since I am representing my husband in uniform, it is ok to join pages like this to talk bad about overweight people and how they dress? THIS is how you represent your man in UNIFORM?? Afterall, all of your names appear on that site, even when you post a picture or a rude comment!
This tornado of events will not end because I am sure someone will post below how wrong my blog was and defend the site saying it is something positive. It is a site that helps people get through deployment, really?  It is a page that represents military spouses today, really?  It allows women to vent, give me a break!
As for another comment made about how military spouses do not have busy lives, I laugh at you. Not all military wives have time on their hands, some of us work, go to school, take care of our children, or are in the military themselves. To assume we don't have hardships if we are stay at home moms, blows my mind. Do you know what goes on in everyone's lives?? How about hardships outside of our immediate families?

Stand up for what you believe in always, even if you are the last one standing. Thank you for reading!!!

To think that the CREATOR of this site is a MEMBER OF THE U.S. MILITARY....this is the representation of the MILITARY?? GOD HELP US ALL.

FURTHERMORE here are their warning labels:

"To the misguided souls who believe this is a bashing site: Consider the bigger picture. Its not just about fat people, but big people in small clothing. Its not just about cheaters but exposing multiple offenders. Its not just ACU purses & bumper stickers but rolling around town with a target on your shoulder or car. Its all about seeing some of these things within ourselves, and laughing. Don't be hurt, move on.

Be aware that there will be swearing and people will make fun of others. It's all in good fun and thats the end for warnings :)"


To have to post a warning label on the site, just proves that they had to make an excuse to act like ignorant people.

IT IS ALL IN GOOD FUN UNTIL SOMEONE GETS HURT.

Disclaimer*** I am a U.S. Military Spouse and proud of it. I never stated that I wear my husband's rank. I choose to not wear ACU patterned accessories and I am quite fit. I am not perfect and I am happy that I am not.  I am currently a STAY at Home Mother and PROUD OF IT.

Judge me for NOT JOINING THE MAJORITY, make false claims if it makes you feel better!! IF YOU CHOOSE to post my picture, make sure to get one where I am having a bad hair day. It will at least get you to talk about me.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As with any Facebook page, everyone makes a conscious choice whether or not to like it and read it. It's as simple as not doing so. If you don't like it, don't read it. But don't take it away from the big bad mean girls (and guys) who do like it.

    Also, you look down on them for talking about others, and yet here you are. Judge not lest ye be judged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it amusing that you are deleting comments here and have disabled and deleted comments on your blog videos, but yet you are asking for a response...feeling overly sensitive much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used to Laugh at OSMW's until You realized you is one

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the people who are talking about you and your video are on the defensive b/c they know you are speaking the truth. Stand your ground hon. Good video, good point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the OSMW site appalling. I was in complete shock when I came across it and began reading the profound ignorance spewing from other fellow mil wives. Since im on a break currently from college and I have some extra time on my hands iv decided to bring awareness of this anti-military facebook page to soldiers and their families here at Fort Lewis, WA. I applaud you for speaking out against this uglyness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Patricia. This must have been the only blog post you read, otherwise you would have noticed that I do have a life and really enjoy it. Do you enjoy yours or do you go around trolling pages for a reason? To make yourself feel better perhaps?

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your comment Patricia. This must have been the only blog post you read, otherwise you would have noticed that I do have a life and really enjoy it. Do you enjoy yours or do you go around trolling pages for a reason? To make yourself feel better perhaps?

      Delete
  8. Sofia here is their entire list of rules and what their definition of an OSMW (Overly Sensitive Military Wife) is.

    We are responsible for what we say - Not for what you misunderstand. Not everything is offensive. OSMW.STFU@gmail.com, OSMW.Pics@gmail.com
    Description
    There's a difference between being a supporting military spouse and an OSMW.. ..the opinions on this page express that. If you're going to take offense to someone's comment, this isn't a page for you.

    To the misguided souls who believe this is a bashing site: Consider the bigger picture. Its not just about fat people, but big people in small clothing. Its not just about cheaters but exposing multiple offenders. Its not just ACU purses & bumper stickers but rolling around town with a target on your shoulder or car. Its all about seeing some of these things within ourselves, and laughing. Don't be hurt, move on.

    This page focuses on the military based stereotypes such as the Tag Chaser, Dependapotamus (and related species), and the OSMW.

    For those of you who don't know what an OSMW is:
    Definition of an Overly Sensitive Military Wife: NOUN
    1:
    a: Woman married to someone in the military that reports pictures, pages and posts that Soldiers/ Marines/ Airmen/ Seamen(Sailor) put on a social networking site to entertain themselves while deployed.
    2:
    a : Woman married to someone in the military that is overly passionate about things others write or say and obsesses over proving their point to the point where they look stupid.
    b : Woman married to someone in the military associated with copious amounts of drama, signs include talking about a specific person behind their back after they've been trusted, singling out another woman to get "even", and calling whore, slut, ho whenever they get a chance.
    c : A product of marrying someone in the military and confuses this with being IN the military
    See Verb: OSMW-ing
    3:
    a: The process of becoming OVERLY passionate about a topic or subject related to the military or a military member, to the point of insane emotional outbursts.


    Be aware that there will be swearing and people will make fun of others. It's all in good fun and thats the end for warnings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know all about their group because I was a member of the group and still have access to their page. Since then, they have created a new page titled OSMW Backdoor. That page is even worse. The members troll other group sites they belong to finding comments or posts they then take a screenshot of to post to the OSMW backdoor so members can make fun of them, insult them, make judgement calls, etc. Your not allowed to wear a "brag bag" as they call it, bitch about housing if you live on post, use WIC if your husband is in the Armed Forces, or pretty much anything else. If you go off on someone who is disgracing any military uniform (ie; stomping on a marine cap) too much they gang up on you. If you stand your ground, they join up in a pack until eventually they ban you once they realize you won't back down. Their ONLY rule is you can't talk about kids. A recent post was a woman who is pregnant wanting to know if it was normal to get a yeast infection which she posted on a completely different site. They hijacked it stating she's dumb, is a skank, needs to stop having so many dicks in her, etc. There are not only women on the site but men as well. They are male/female, fat/skinny, active/reserve/retired, all branches, spouse/girlfriend/fiance/mother. What they don't realize is that a mother not only just sued her son and won but had him arrested because he took a picture of her and posted it on Facebook without her knowledge or consent. They feel rules don't apply to them nor can they be punished. Facebook has yet to ban them regardless of how many times they get reported.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No doubt, someone has thought of it. Just trying to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, gardening is a lot of fun. This blog post is 5 years old, I had forgotten about it. Thank you for your comment. #peoplewhosupportnegativity :/

      Delete