Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tummy Tuck or Tupler Technique for Diastasis Recti?

I have been researching like crazy!! My husband knows that I can spend hours researching if I am really interested in a product. I have been researching tummy tuck procedures, looking at before and after pictures, and have also been watching a lot of the ladies on Youtube for their stories on tummy tucks. I am scared. That is why I am opting to go with the Tupler Technique. I have heard great things and visited their website for information!! I am impressed by all of their before and after shots!!
The Tupler Technique involves an 18 week program specifically targeting the underlying ab muscles and focusing on the core!! Just what I need. I will also be purchasing the Tupler Splint..which helps in bringing my ab muscles together. This is my only chance at getting back to my pre pregnancy body!! I am going to commit.
Getting another surgery scares me so much because both of my c-sections have traumatized me so much. I have heard that it could take up to 6 months to a year to fully recover from a tummy tuck. The scar could take the longest. I don't think I am up for it and truthfully I don't think my body is ready. I really want to see what I can do first without surgery. I had never heard of corrective exercises for diastasis recti until last week and I finally made a decision last night to try a few products.
Background story: I had two boys within 17 months of eachother and I c-sectioned both times. My first son weighed 10lbs 3oz and was 21 1/2in long! He was a big baby!! During that surgery I had a doctor deliver my baby that happened to be a cosmetic surgeon in his previous practice so he did me a favor and sewed my muscles together. I did not know that until my second c-section. My second doctor did not do the same and the gap between my ab muscles is very wide now. I did the at home test of diastasis recti and measured between a 4-5 finger width!!! It is severe.
For the last year I have been working out like crazy to lose weight and thankfully it has improved my appearance but not in the right place...my stomach area. I am currently 116 lbs as of this morning and am 5'2. A weight that I am ok with...another 6lbs and I will be at my goal weight...not complaining though. lol. Even with a month of straight Turbo Fire, not one inch seemed to have been lost in my stomach area, everything came off my back, arms, legs and face. That time was not lost of course as I did manage to lose about 13lbs!
So this is it...I am making a committment to start a new technique to lower my diastasis recti. Specific exercises to strengthen my core is necessary and it will slowly put my muscles back together...well at least I hope. I will be documenting my progress and hope to have great results. I will be ordering the items soon and can't wait to get started. I am starting with Tupler Technique first and then moving on to Lindsay Brin's Core Strengthening DVDs!! I hope that I can inspire someone with Diastasis Recti to not give up!!
I am 2 years post partum and have heard that mommies have been able to lower their Diastasis Recti after 10 years! I am hopeful!!!

12/30/2011
 I hope to lose more inches and flatten my stomach!! If you have any information about any of the techniques or procedures mentioned here...please let me know!!!

Thank you for reading!! Feel free to watch video below!!


http://youtu.be/cEmcuGi5fYY


I had to post the link because it would not let me share!! Hope it works!!

12 comments:

  1. hey there...this is gonna look pretty weird probably, but i'm writing you because I saw a post you left a long time ago at someone else's blog about diastasis recti, and how you were going to start the tupler technique. I'm about to do the same, or at least try. I've been having this condition for 2 months now, and every time i look in the mirror i want to cry. it was my first pregnancy so it took me by surprise. i just wanted to now if you did it or not (the technique) and how did it go. did you get any results?...i want to have more kids so the tummy tuck is not an option yet, but a doctor told me it is the only way to fix a diastasis.

    thanx for your time...hope everything is well...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I am documenting my progress with the Tupler Technique on my Youtube Channel. My tummy has gone down 4 inches since I started back in February. I like it a lot and am continuing with it probably even after the 18 weeks. Thank you for asking about it, you can see more on my YT channel at SofiaAlejandra9. :)

      Delete
  2. Tummy tuck or tupler technique for weight loss
    Fat Reduction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have explain so many article of this site in which some of them were very interesting and inspiring.
    tummy tuck has good title with good description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tummy tuck is considered as good choice.


    tummy fat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking around for this kind of information. Will you post some more in future? I’ll be grateful if you will.
    Bariatric surgery type 2 diabetes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting soon about diastasis and why I fell off the planet! lol.

      Delete
  6. Tummy tuck is one of the best way to get your slim tummy back.So trust your doctor and go for it and see and feel the difference in you.You will love it.
    about tummy tucks

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, I am wondering if you ever had a tummy tuck after the tupler technique or if you were completely satisfied w/ the results of the tupler exercises? Did your stomach get flat again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The tupler technique did help reduce the gap but not to where I am comfortable to wear certain clothing. I still have a large separation but not as bad as it was before I used it. I am currently in physical therapy and they showed me an exercise to strengthen my muscles. If you do the exercises you will reduce the separation. I was told by my doctor that a tummy tuck wouldn't completely reduce the muscles, I need a muscle reconstruction. The tummy tuck however would reduce the extra skin. I hope that made sense. I am considering a muscle reconstruction as soon as I hit my goal weight.

      Delete
  8. I guess you can take your time, so to weigh your choices well, whether it's a tummy tuck or tupler, until your choices fall into place at the most opportune time. I believe the best decisions come to you if you really contemplate and weigh your options to heart. Wishing you all the best!

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete