Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Shower Fun" or Another Case of Bullying??

I am a victim of bullying. There I said it. I never have come out and talked about it to anyone. Most victims don't because they don't want to seem weak. I never have because I was ashamed of it but not anymore. This is a New Year for me and I am going to stop pretending that things don't affect me.
I will make a video to share more about the subject on my Youtube Channel but for now, I want to share a video that I saw in my inbox today. The one below. 


I am subscribed to the person who posted the video but it just so happens the person also participated in this incident. Is it right or wrong??
This incident happened in AIT, meaning they had just graduated and were about to start their careers as Soldiers in the United States Army. With so much news coverage on the latest hazing incident that happened in the U.S. Military...why would anyone even want to post a video like this to show the world?? Because it is entertainment!!! Yes as a social media dependent society, I being a dependent one, I admit, we gravitate towards bad things that happen to other people. That is why sites and channels that aim at bullying, trash talking, and slandering are so popular. It doesn't matter who gets hurt as long as it isn't you or someone you love. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! 
C'mon now he clearly states that he is in AIT, it is an old video but it doesn't excuse the behavior. FUN or NOT, the guy being thrown in the shower tried to stop them before entering the shower, he clearly placed his right hand on the wall to keep them from putting him in the shower. WHY MAKE A BIG STINK??
Incidents like this occur on a daily basis, and until someone starts defending the victims, nothing will ever change. Some people are going to mention that this was all out of fun and games and it was a celebration. I am going to say that it does not appear to be that way...the "victim" did not smile ONE TIME in the entire video. I will say VICTIM. 
AIT is aimed at training soldiers, correct?? What is this behavior teaching?? Shower fun as long as noone gets hurt...where are the NCOs in charge?? I wouldn't be surprised if they were also participating in this "Shower Fun."  
2011 was an eye opener for me. In fact I didn't start speaking up and sharing my feelings until the last months of the year. I received a lot of hate for a lot of the things I spoke up about but I also received a lot of love...that love motivates me today as cheesy as that sounds. I am tired of seeing people being treated unfairly at the expense of others. I know what some are going to say, "DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT."  That isn't the answer. If I stop watching, it still exists! Whether I stop or press repeat over and over, THE INCIDENT HAPPENED, I can't change that. The only thing I can do is bring awareness in hopes that this doesn't occur to another person or that LEADERSHIP steps up in the U.S. Military and starts handling incidents appropriately instead of sweeping it under the rug.
AIT is a place of learning and training and if incidents like this are OK because it is a celebration for graduates then it's no wonder why so many people are being burned by the people they trust. They are participants and that is not acceptable!! I am so sorry for the RANT, it is a NEW YEAR and seeing this video posted on NEW YEARS DAY was such a DOWNER for me.
Times Square correspondents mentioned that the confetti being thrown out for the ball drop in Times Square  this year included inspiring resolutions and wishes from all over the world, most of which of consisted of people who wrote down that they wanted, peace, happiness, friendship, but most of all LOVE for the New Year. I want that too and more. I want leaders I can look up to and trust. 
I am not in the Army and never have been. I am a spouse who observes, has feelings, and stands by her beliefs. I can have an opinion on the things I see just like you can. Things that occur in the military has an impact on me because my husband, my other half, is a member of that organization. In 2011 I saw hate, hate between members of the military. Hate between military spouses. Hate between military children. Hate between leaders that run our government. When will that ever change???  It starts at the bottom....people are going to say it starts with our leaders...but that is wrong....the "E1, E2, O1, O2" can change the system just as anyone else can. The civilians who stand by their military members can make a difference too. One day at a time. 
This is not "SHOWER FUN." This is just another case of majority vs. individual. Majority 1- Individual 0. Ask the Soldier in the shower if he had fun?? 

DAY 1 of 2012, 364 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment