Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Thrift Finds: Fit for a Tween

I haven't gone thrift shopping in a long time!! I am surprised as that is one of my hobbies. So the other day it was pouring outside and we wanted to get out of the house. We headed to the Goodwill and I was in search of some books for Kayla. Well, we didn't find any books but we did find some cute clothing. Kayla my step daughter is 11 years old and her style changes so fast that it is so hard to keep up. This year I would have to say has been the most fun...she is into a funky style. Bright colors, printed tees, and skinny jeans. So Goodwill is the perfect place. We searched for red tags that day as those were the 50% off items, but if you are a military member, go on Wednesdays...at least around this area (Puyallup, WA), they give discounts to military members on Wednesday. Cool huh? I always end up going on the wrong day. On this day Kayla and I went through all the racks of clothing and found her two graphic tees, one for $1.99 and the other for $3.99. I also found her a pair of Bullhead skinny jeans for $6.99 which is a steal!!
For my three year old, I found some cute Old Navy long sleeves and a cute short sleeve shirt. $1.99 a piece.  I often get my boys a size larger just so they can wear their items for at least one year. It has worked so far and I have saved so much money.
Don't forget to visit your local Goodwill or Salvation Army to find some great deals!!! Your pocket book will thank you!! If you like these kinds of posts, I can start doing more thrift hauls on here!! Let me know in the comment section below.

2 comments:

  1. You seem busier than ever! I nominated (and awarded you) the Versatile Blogger Award...thought it would be fun http://lifelessonsmilitarywife.com/?p=2810.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so sweet R. Thank you so much!!! Means a lot to me. You are right I have been so busy with the little ones this Summer, it is challenging to keep up :).

      Delete