Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our Home is Where the Army Sent Us

I might say PCSing (moving) back to the U.S. has been a bit challenging. As you may or may not know, Chris missed out a lot of this Summer. He has been working super long days and leaves again soon for training. GET used to it SOFIA!! lol. I am not complaining, I have moved on to feeling blessed and lucky. I appreciate everything my husband does and I feel so bad that it has taken me so long to realize that we are blessed. We are blessed that we have a roof over our head, food to eat, cars to drive. Ask me a month ago and I would have said I would have been excited that my husband was thinking about leaving the military. Ask me today and I will tell you that this is our life and we love it. We appreciate it. We live each day as if it were our last...and that has helped our marriage stay strong.
The military life is NOT easy. I have heard some people say that it is...and I laugh. Every day I have thoughts in my head that "this might just be the last time we do this as a family" and I know I should not be thinking this way. It is my normal way of thinking. My husband knows it and I know it...we don't pretend that it can't happen and that helps the both of us. So, we appreciate every moment. We try and focus on the important and laugh at the small things...I am happy we are at this point in our marriage.
This week has been super busy. My husband was issued his deployment gear. I thought I would have been an emotional wreck to be honest. I looked at it laid out in the den, shrugged and went about my day. I know it sounds like I am not concerned...maybe it just hasn't hit me yet. I already decided that I am going to be as STRONG as I can be. For our children, but most of all for my husband.
To stay or move home?? A part of me thought that moving home to my parents might be a great idea. I would have my mother and father there to support me and help me with my two boys. The other part of me said, "Sofia, your home is where the Army sent you."  YES indeed. Ft.Lewis is my new home and this is where I will stay. My parents are a plane ride away and I will sure make a visit or they may come out here to see how I am doing. :)
Christopher and I thought about vlogging our entire experience leading up to his deployment and then some...he would vlog while out there and I would vlog while here at home, what do you all think??
So if you have been through a deployment, do you have any advice?? This is not Chris' first rodeo but for me as his wife, it is. Let me know how all of you have been!!! Find me on Youtube! I would love to hear your stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment