Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Marriage Retreats In the Army

Chris signed us up for a marriage retreat in the beautiful city of Bellevue, WA. Fully paid two night stay at the Emerald Suites! It was a very nice hotel and I kinda wished we had gone swimming...that is beside the point.
Some soldiers do not like the idea of attending marriage retreats. Why?
The idea of going to a marriage retreat means you are having issues in your marriage! False!
Strong Bonds is a program to strengthen the bonds you already have in your relationship. Better ways to communicate effectively. I own tons of books on relationships but the idea of staying in a nice hotel with child care provided...and free meals...why would you pass that up??? For Chris and I, it wasn't the free stuff, it was the retreat itself. We looked forward to the time we were going to be able to spend together with no worries.

Relaxing!!
 Christopher and I met later in life when he and I were both going through a divorce. We both agreed to attend marriage counseling before getting married and it is something I believe in completely. We were able to talk about our expectations and learn about the things we needed to improve on. It has made a world of difference and I believe that if you ever get the opportunity to go to a marriage retreat, do it!! You have nothing to lose really.


For more information please visit the Army Strong Bonds homepage!!

1 comment:

  1. My husband was just telling me one is coming within about 5 hours from us and we might try to go. I've heard good things about them! Glad you were able to go and enjoyed it!
    A side note: I was trying to comment on your youtube video about Tupler and wanted to share a website and program with you. She has a lot of great information about why our bodies change during/after childbirth. I know you said you were struggling with wearing the splint at one point. Hope things are going better! www.mutusystem.com

    ReplyDelete