Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Monday, December 31, 2012

13 hours until 2013 , A Time To Reflect!

So I started off this morning (12:30am) scared as hell!! If you follow me on Facebook you would know that I had a, what I thought to be, a burglar scare!! When your husband isn't home, the strangest things happen. You hear noises, most of the time it is all in your head and I feel like the noises you do hear are magnified because you are alone. You know, like when you watch a scary movie and the music intensifies the moment. <--- That is what I felt like this morning.
So a large banging noise followed by footsteps is what I heard last night. Chris and I have hidden weapons in our home for good reason. Between the baseball bat and the large knife I had to pick from, I chose the knife. I wasn't going down without a fight! My boys were sleeping so peacefully upstairs and here I was, scared as hell, about to defend my home, myself and my children. It was all or nothing at this point.
After inspecting the entire downstairs as my heart was pounding, I found nothing. I looked under tables, in the bathrooms and closets. Nothing. No broken windows or unlocked doors. Thank goodness!!
So when I went up to bed I quickly emailed my husband and told him what had happened. Probably shouldn't have since he shouldn't carry anymore stress. I was scared and I really needed him at that moment. The thing is, Chris has been preparing me for his deployment so well. Hidden weapons and how to use them. Safety and how to defend myself. I have to also give props to my previous job...
I was glad to have woken up this morning, as I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep. I was getting ready to have my morning coffee and eat last night's leftovers when someone came knocking at my door. Three hooded individuals at my door!!! I got that little bit of fear in my body once again...I don't open the door unless I can see who is standing on the opposite side. I recognized two of the teens, they were my neighbor's kids. My screen door is locked at all times in case anyone tries to just barge in. I opened the door.
So there he was, my neighbor, telling me that his boys had something to tell me. (In my mind I was hoping that it had something to do with last night)...it sure was. His boys threw eggs at the neighbors house and tomato sauce at mine...no glass or anything. They must have been out there all night because of all the clanking sounds. They apologized and felt so bad. It is freezing outside today, literally frost on everything and their dad is making them pressure wash both houses. Right on dad, teach your sons a lesson. I wasn't upset, I let them know that I thought I had a burglar and I have two small boys. Pranks at my house are not tolerated but that I forgave them. I was quite relieved, it could have been way worse.
As far as the rest of my day goes, maybe a small pizza party for my sons, telling God that I thank him for protecting me and my family. For protecting my husband as he is carrying out a mission on the other side of the world. I am being thankful for everything this year has brought.  A new home in a new state. A new car to replace my broken one. Health for my family and all the good moments and great lessons I have learned.
Happy New Year to everyone in my life, whether I know you in person, online or a stranger who happened to come across my blog. I appreciate you. I appreciate all of your support everyday.
Thank you for making this year a great one and I can't wait for 2013 when my husband is to return to us. God Bless!

1 comment: