Welcome!!

Welcome!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Without Him

I wasn't going to put the Christmas tree up this year. I was dead set on not having it up or decorating because of my mood. BAHHHH HUMBUG!!!
Chris came home with Christmas gifts for our boys about a week before he left. I must admit...it tore me up inside. The joy on his face was so memorable. (So much that it makes me teary now.) He was happy that he was able to get a few things that I could wrap up, specifically from daddy.
A few days before Chris was to deploy, he went into the garage and found all of our Christmas decor and the tree. He was determined to get it all set up for us so we could get some cheer in the house. It was sort of bittersweet. A part of me wanted to tie him to a chair so he wouldn't leave and the other was greatful that he would do all this for us. He wants us to have a very normal Christmas, and I do finally agree.
The thing about deployments is that you want to keep the time apart as normal as possible, especially for the children. Our kids know that daddy is away. They haven't a clue as to how long.
The night before Chris left, he and I took the picture above and then we decided to head to the mall in hopes we would find Santa. We wanted a moment the kids could remember where daddy and Santa were both present. Afterwards, we all went out to eat. It was nothing but joyous even knowing what was to come.
My sons and daddy decorated the Christmas tree. I hung the stockings and just sat there and watched. I took it all in as if it were a very beautiful dream. Watching Chris with our children is something that I always treasure. He is so great with them. They laugh, they joke and they play like noone else is in the room. These are the times where I take my camera out and just snap shots!
So what are your plans this Christmas??
Even though my mood has been a little up and down these past couple weeks, I have decided, dinner at my house would be beneficial. We need more cheer and I know Chris would want us to.
Christopher if you are reading...thank you so much for bringing cheer not only during the holidays but into our lives everyday. Thank you for dragging the Christmas tree into the living room and digging through the garage for our left over decor. You mean so much to us and we are thinking about you everyday. We love you.


Happy Holidays Everyone!! From our Family to Yours!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. You and Chris are wonderful. Merry Christmas to your family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! We wish you a very merry Christmas!! Happy Holidays!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, and if you read this Chris- thank you for your service, sacrifice, and bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too, this was a great blog and ver touching.

    ReplyDelete